Sunday, February 27

Milan Fashion Week

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It’s that time of year! Fashion week is at it again displaying Fall 2011 lines from the likes of Gucci, Prada, Miu Miu and many many more starting off in the cold crisp air of New York City, making its way to the bustling streets of London, and finally settling down in the Italian Fashion Capital…Milano. On the same continent, in the same country, and a three hour bus ride from Florence to Milan? My decision was clear, this weekend was the weekend to travel north and see a different Italy. The bus ride was pleasant, mainly because The Devil Wears Prada was blasting on the screens making me go gah gah over Andy’s magnificent transformation, and choice of coats. In no time we were walking on the paved (not cobblestone) sidewalks and enjoying the refreshing massive buildings that are not found in Florence.
We first visited the Duomo in Milan, much different than the Duomo in Italy, this gothic cathedral was colossal and one of the largest, oldest churches found in all of Europe. The power felt inside was intense, there were many people praying which took me back to the days I would attend Catholic school on Sundays. I instantly remembered the prayers Father Immanuel taught me and knew my grandma would be proud. I lit a candle and said some personal wishes as well, and then we were off.
A few feet outside the cathedral was the icon white tent where all the fashion shows were being held at, Roberto Cavalli and Emilio Pucci were scheduled for the day. I would have given my right arm to have seen Cavalli’s collection being he is one of my favorite designers ever. One day I keep telling myself…one fine day.
The rest of the day was filled with sightseeing and street style watching, the men in Milano dress to the nine, I couldn’t help gawking at all the fabulous ensembles perfectly chosen and accessorized, these men are definetely not afraid of color! Overall it was a great day, it was nice seeing a more modern Italian city, and it was a once in a life time chance to be so close to the actual fashion shows that seemed worlds away a few months ago.
Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy Italy through my eyes. xoxo Emily Jenny