Saturday, April 16

Culture Week!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I’ve been spending a lot of alone time lately, trying to focus on papers and not only see but fully understand and live the Italian way. Sometimes I get homesick, sometimes I wish I had my Blackberry to BBM Tina a picture of a horrendous outfit or send an “I don’t remember anything that happened last night…” text the following morning but I keep reminding myself that my time here is short-lived, so live.
I guess the timing of being alone is perfect though because its Culture Week here in Florence, April 9 to the 17th which means free entry to all the absolutely amazing museums! I took this opportunity to visit The Pitti Palace, The breathtaking Boboli Gardens, Accademia Gallery housing Michaelangelo’s famous David and the Medici Chapels. Unfortunately I got yelled at for taking pictures at the museums but I got some amazing shots in the Boboli Gardens and Medici Chapel.
It’s so weird to actually see all these monumental paintings and sculptures, the Mona Lisa (Paris) and the David…I would have never thought I would actually see them...only read about them. I wish there weren’t so many hordes of people so that I could sit and analyze for hours but I guess that’s the price I pay for free admission.
Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy Italy through my eyes. xoxo Emily Jenny