Monday, March 14

Dear Paree, how I love thee...


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My apologies for my lack of posts, it has been a hectic couple of days, after all I am here to study…which is what I am doing the least of. Thursday morning rolled around, the 10th of March to be exact and Jenna and I had not even begun to pack for our Paris trip, we actually hadn’t put much thought into traveling there at all…but once we got on the plane….landed…boarded a bus…I distinctly remember looking out the window and thinking, “I’m in Paris right now, one of the most historic cities in the world...what?!” and just like that the trip turned around.
The first night we were there we met two twin brothers from Canada that were staying at our hostel, we instantly bonded over a round of brutal tequila shots and traveling stories. Making friends is what Jenna and I do best.
The second day was spent with Afshar, Afshin, and a tour group walking around the whole city learning the ins and outs, tails and facts of every inch of every monument, from the bullet holes of WWII to the story of the lady who married The Eiffel Tower. That night we rode the metro (my favorite thing ever created) all over the city with a Heineken can in our hand and a bag of cookies…leaving a trail of cookie crumbs all over the steets of Paris. We watched the Eiffel Tower glimmer, shimmer away and the end is one big Parisian blur…
Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy Italy through my eyes. xoxo Emily Jenny